Joel Malley @joelmalley and Jennifer Woollven @mswoollven join us on this episode of TTT, the first of a series of episodes this Spring where we'll be discussing Connected Learning and our OLE (Online Learning Experience) sponsored by the National Writing Project http://connect.nwp.org/online-learning-connected-learning. (Anybody can join the OLE. Just email Joel.)
Here's how Joel and Jennifer welcome us on the Connected Learning Inquiry Group site:
Welcome to the Connected Learning Study Group!
We are gathered here to explore the framework of connected learning. We will explore the connected learning framework, seek real world examples of the principles in action and ultimately explore how we might transform our own classrooms to make student learning increasingly connected in a way that best fits our own curriculum and student needs.
And here's the plan:
- Session 1 – Connected Learning Core Values, Feb 6-Feb 20
- Session 2 – Why School?, Feb 21-March 6
- Session 3 – Connected Learning is Interest-Powered, March 7-March 20
- Session 4 – Connected Learning is Peer Supported, March 21-April 3
- Session 5 – Connected Learning is Academically Oriented, April 3-April 17
- Session 6 – Connected Learning is Production Centered, April 18-May 1
- Session 7 – Connected Learning is Openly Networked, May 2-May 15
- Session 8 – Connected Learning has Shared Purpose, May 16-29
We invite you to join these conversations at the Connected Learning Inquiry Group and here on Teachers Teaching Teachers over the next several weeks.
On this episode of TTT, we are joined by:
Lacy Manship, Jon Barilone, Leah Jensen, Joel Malley, Evonne Heyning, Anna Smith, Jennifer Woollven
After listening to this first episode in this series on Connected Learning, we hope you will be inspired to join our special guest, Stephen Ritz on TTT#338, this Wednesday, February 27th at 9PM ET/6PM PT/World Times: http://goo.gl/Xwhg0
Check him out here, and join our conversation with this connected teacher from the South Bronx on Wednesday!
And stay tuned! We are live every Wednesday at Teachers Teaching Teachers.
After we read and discuss Will Richardson's Book Why School? on the Connected Learning Inquiry Group site, Richardson will be joining us on TTT on March 27 at 9PM ET/6PM PT/World Times: http://goo.gl/TLFP7 at https://edtechtalk.net/ttt .
Enjoy this episode of TTT, and plan to connect with us all Spring!
Click Read more to see the chat that was happening during this live webcast.