October 5, 2008 at 6:58 pm #8007adminKeymasterUpdate: Oct. 5, 2008
Community development plans described below are in limbo for now. Below is a discussion about this from the EdTechWeekly#97 post-show. We will likely continue discussing next steps soon. In the meantime, we’d welcome any feedback and/or participation interest.In order to form a more sustainable community and establish an organizational structure that will preserve EdTechTalkyness while supporting scalable growth, we propose the following governance branches and positions, and send out a call for participation to all corners of the Interwebs. (Info about joining the ETT Team below)
- approve/terminate shows
- approve finance/budget proposals, projects
- steer the general direction of community development
- Board Director/Coordinator of Community Planning
- Coordinator of Sustainability (finance, revenue, advertising)
- Coordinator of Community Standards (Policy, standards, etc.)
- Coordinator of Special Projects
- Director of Operations
- Director of Content
- WB and/or EB Liaison
- Members at large?
Keep the server, website & other infrastructure running andserving the communities needs.
- Director of Operations*
- Server admin/ Coordinator of Security
- Web Site Coordinator — CMS/Drupal/Design
- Coordinator of Operational Support — HELP!
- Coordinator of External & Future Technologies — oversee external services and new tools?
Oversee production of webcasts, resources, and other kinds of content
- Director of Content*
- Coordinator of Communication — newsletters, email, skype chats, etc.
- Moderation Coordinator — (approve comments, address forum issues)
- Coordinator of Training & Specifications – new host orientation, audio specs, tagging standards, etc.
* also serves on Board of Trustees
If you are interested in any of these positions, please answerthe following questions. You can do so publicly by adding a text,audio, and/or video comment below or privately by sendingyour comments (in whatever media) to manager at edtechtalk dot com.
- In what ways have you been involved with EdTechTalk thusfar?
- What do you value most about ETT and your participation in the community?
- In what ways would you like to see EdTechTalk evolve?
- Which position(s) are you most interested in holding? Which others would you be willing to hold? Is there a position not on the list that you’d be interested in? Would you be interested in participating on one of the organizational teams, but prefer not to have an official position?
- Why do you want to (are you willing to ) take on this (these) position(s)?
- Please feel free to include any additional information you consider relevant.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.