educational technology

Home Forum topic Tech Discussion & Recommendations educational technology

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    xiaobee
    Participant

I have read many conceptions about instructional technology, maybe today, I should say ‘educational technology’, form the early definition to the AECT’s definition in 2005. The most one I can accept is the 2005 definition. Although it is also a temporary one, a snapshot in time, it is clear, precise and unambiguous and draw boundaries indicating what is included, what is excluded, what is central, and what is peripheral. Especially the word ‘appropriate’, it is used accurately. You know, different class need different educational technology.

But it has a shortcoming. That is, there is no evaluation in the concept. Evaluation is very important to learning. Educational technology should have evaluation as feedback to learning.

?Educational technology is the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources (Molenda and Robinson, 2004)

My idea about 2005 definition is above. Looking forward to different ideas!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
css.php