November 27, 2006
This is a late breaking announcement for a discussion we will be webcasting today between Stephen Downes and Mike King (Director, IBM Global Education Industry ). The show will begin today (Nov. 27) at 1pmPST/4pmEST/9pmGMT (global times) and topics will include:
– IBM as a consulting company – what that means
– IBM’s attitude toward open source – how does it view other players – Sun, Novell
– The IBM patent portfolio – does IBM risk being a patent troll – the SCO lawsuit – progress
– IBM in e-learning specifically – Lotus, Domino – still in the game?
– IBM and the Blackboard patent – company position – message?
– Toward the development of open educational resources? Tools – services – product?